Monday, January 13, 2014

4th Anniversary

Hard to believe but January 2, 2014 marked our 4th year of living on Vashon Island.  It has also been about 4 years since I last posted anything but this weekend my daughter stumbled upon this blog and requested that I once again start posting.  She thinks it makes her famous if she can be found on the internet.  Little does she know.

So how do I compress the last 4 years into a single post?  Well I certainly cannot write about ALL that has happened to the Magonegil family in that time but I can offer some quick bullet points.


  • We moved from Point Robinson to the Westside and although we miss our old neighbors, we love our house and the location.
  • Aidan completed kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade and is now in 4th grade and loving school.
  • Finn completed kindergarten, 1st grade and is now in 2nd grade.  He still attends Cedarsong Outdoor School one Saturday a month.
  • Aidan broke her tibia in two places on the last full day of school last year and it took all summer and most of the fall to heal properly.
  • Finn became a soccer phenom and had over 40 goals for the season.
  • Both Aidan and Finn play baseball/softball and currently are playing basketball.  
  • I continue to coach both of them in every sport that I can.
  • Meghen is busily preparing delicious food for a couple of island businesses as well as her family.
  • The kids and I are very involved with our church.  Aidan is in the choir and is an acolyte while I serve as the church treasurer and lecture.  We all serve food to the island's needy at the church a couple of times a month.
  • I ran for public office this fall and lost but had a blast running.
  • Both Meghen and I had big birthdays in 2013.  
I am sure there is a ton more but I think those are the major things.  I promise to do my best to post on a more than every 4 years basis.



1 comment: